Dr Itai Ivtzan is passionate about the combination of psychology and spirituality. It makes his heart sing. He is convinced that if we befriend both psychology and spirituality, and succeed in introducing them into our lives, we will all become super-heroes, and gain super-
strengths of awareness, courage, resilience, and compassion. Isn’t this an amazing prospect? Dr. Itai Ivtzan is a positive psychologist, an Associate Professor at Naropa University, teaching and researching at the MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Mindfulness-Based.
He is also an honorary senior research associate at University College London (UCL). Over the past 20 years, Dr. Ivtzan has run seminars, lectures, workshops and retreats in the UK, US, and around the world, at various educational institutions and at private events. He is a
regular keynote speaker at conferences. He published several books, as well as more than 50 journal papers and book chapters. His main areas of research are positive psychology, mindfulness, and spirituality.
Dr. Ivtzan is confident that mindfulness meditation has the power to change individuals – in fact, whole societies – for the better. Accordingly, he has been investing much time in studying mindfulness academically, writing books about it, teaching it, and training mindfulness teachers. He is the author/co-author of:
– Awareness is Freedom: The Adventure of Psychology and Spirituality
– Mindfulness in Positive Psychology: The Science of Meditation and Wellbeing
– Second Wave Positive Psychology: Embracing the Dark Side of Life
– Applied Positive Psychology: Integrated Positive Practice
– Handbook of Mindfulness-Based Programmes: Mindfulness Interventions from Education to Health and Therapy